As a parent, you want what is best for your child. It’s no different when making the decision to move. You want to make the transition from the old neighborhood to the new one as smooth as possible, especially for your children. Calgary Alberta Movers has a few tips to help children adjust—both before and after you move.
Before moving from your current neighborhood or city, try the following:
- Plan a going-away party so your child can collect addresses, numbers and emails of friends to write and call.
- Ask friends of your child to each write a going away message and include a picture of themselves. Once you reach the new home give to your child where they can use the photos to decorate their new room!
- Take your child to visit favorite spots before you leave town.
- Remember your child looks up to you and will copy your actions. If you feel down, they’ll feel down. If you’re stressed, they’re stressed. Keep a positive outlook and position the move as an opportunity to meet new friends and have new experiences.
When you get to the new neighborhood, these are good plans for adjusting:
- Encourage your children to join teams or clubs at school or community center.
- Talk to other parents in the neighborhood and school to learn more about the culture and activities available.
- Schedule day trips to get your children acclimated to the community. It will also reinforce you have a new home base.
!!! MAKING THE WORLD BETTER ONE MOVE AT A TIME !!!