Now that the warmer weather is upon us it’s a good idea to keep in mind the following things on moving day!!
1. Hydration This is so important, and hydration really starts the 24 hours before you need it. Keep lots of cool water on hand, stay away from caffeinated drinks, especially energy drinks, and also steer clear of alcohol – it will dehydrate you quickly.
2. Start early The earlier you start, the less of the hot sun you have to deal with. The sun is the worst when it is right overheard, so try to take a lunch break at that time and stay out of the direct sunlight.
3. Wear sunscreen In the warm spring and summer months when the sun is unavoidable, it’s really pertinent you wear sunscreen. Don’t forget to put sunscreen on your head or wear a hat! Also be sure to reapply often.
4. Wear light clothing Moving day in the sun is not the day to wear anything dark-colored or heavy. Make sure you have breathable clothing on that you also don’t mind getting dirty. It’s dusty out there!
5. Wear safe shoes Flip-flops are a bad idea for a number of reasons, because they can slip out from under you or slip off completely.
6. Keep certain items out of the heat Don’t put your electronics, artwork, candles or anything else sensitive to the heat in direct sunlight or on the moving truck too early. Keep them in the air-conditioned home until the last minute to protect them.
7. Wear deodorant This one is self-explanatory.
8. Keep people cool Make sure children, the elderly and your pets are kept inside where it is cool
9. Keep light and easy snacks handy Moving on a hot day is not the time to eat chicken alfredo. Make sure you keep light and healthy snacks such as fruit and veggies, granola bars and light protein available. The right food will keep you light and energized as you move.
10. Leave an extra outfit out After you move in the heat, you will not want to wear what you have been wearing. Keep an extra outfit (or two) out and handy and be ready to change throughout the day.
11. Call professional movers If 1-10 sound like no fun to you and you’d rather stay in the AC and direct the pros, call us! We’re used to it. ?
!!! MAKING THE WORLD BETTER ONE MOVE AT A TIME !!!